These Simple papaya oatmeal muffins are moist, delicious, and easy to make.
These Simple Papaya oatmeal muffins are always a hit in my household not only for the taste but for its health benefits as well. Papaya is a common fruit in the tropical areas and it’s also called pawpaw. It is one of the fruits I grew up eating. I still like to eat it and use it in many recipes. If you want a taste of the tropics then give this recipe a try.
Ingredients Needed For The Papaya Oatmeal Muffins
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Papaya/ pawpaw
- Brown sugar
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
Preparation Before Making These Muffins
- Read through the recipe to make sure you have all the ingredients needed to make the papaya oatmeal muffins.
- Preheat oven at 350F or 180C.
- Prepare the 12 muffin pans with either paper liners, nonstick spray, or my homemade pan release. This helps to prevent the muffins from sticking in the pan.
- Peel and cut papaya into two and scoop out the seeds. Then cut one half of the fruit into pieces.
- Measure all the ingredients for the recipe accurately. Always spoon flour into measuring cup and level it when using measuring cups. This the
How To Make The Simple Papaya Oatmeal Muffins
Step 1: Mix all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
Step 2: Whisk all the wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
Step 3: Add the wet ingredient to the dry ingredient and mix all together until combined.
Step 4: Spoon the papaya oatmeal mixture into the prepared muffin tins and bake. Serve and enjoy.
Helpful Tips For Making The Simple Papaya Oatmeal Muffins
- Use can blend the papaya into a smooth consistency or use pastry blender for cutting the fruit for a chucky texture. As shown in the picture above.
- This recipe can be made into papaya oatmeal bread. instead of the muffin pans, you will need 9”x 5” loaf pan and increase the baking time to 45-50 minutes.
- Papaya has a short shelf life, so it needs to be used immediately when ripe.
- Always use the ripest fruit for muffins to get all the flavors in the papaya and the slightly ripe can be used for salads as well.
- Papaya can be eaten for it fruit but can be used in a variety of ways and in different dishes.
- Papaya can be cut into pieces and stored in the freezer for later use.
- Papaya can also be used to make smoothies, salsa, juices, ice creams and many other dishes.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you and stay blessed.
You May Like These
Simple Papaya Oatmeal Muffins
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oat (old fashion)
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup papaya/pawpaw
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare 12 muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, oat, baking powder, nutmeg and salt and mix together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, papaya, brown sugar, vegetable oil, milk and vanilla extract until well mixed.
- Add the papaya mixture to the flour mixture and mix well until just combined.
- Spoon the muffin mixture into the prepared muffin pan. The pan should be ¾ full to give it a nice round top.
- Bake the muffins in the preheat oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the papaya muffins and comes out clean and dry.
- Bring the muffins out of the oven and transfer them to a cooling rack. Serve and enjoy.