This homemade pan release is easy to make. This is your one easy step to grease and flour your baking pans all in one without wasting time.
I have been using oil and flour for preparing my cakes and loaf pans forever. Then I discovered store bought pan release and it was a breeze to use. Therefore, I went on a search to find out how to make the pan release myself. Then it turn out to be very easy and quick to make.
What is Homemade Pan Release
It is a homemade baking spray which is easy to make and cheaper than store bought. This really works and I do not have any cakes or breads sticking in my pans at all. The recipe is very simple and uses only three ingredients which you may already have in your pantry. The recipe uses equal parts of:
- Vegetable oil
These are mixed until well combined and smooth. This can be done by using a whisk or hand mixer. it can be stored in air-tight container for a couple of months.
How to Use the Homemade Pan Release
To use it, just grab a pastry brush and spread it all over the inner surface of your pan and you are done. Make sure you cover all the corners, crevasses and sides of the pan. You should be generous with the pan release. After baking, especially for cakes, always allow them to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning unto cooling racks.
Tips for Using Homemade Pan Release
- The container should be stored in a cool place and away from sunlight since it might cause the oils to go rancid.
- If you do not bake a lot, it is advisable to make only half of the recipe or a quarter.
- I prefer to use silicon brush for the application because it is easy to use and clean.
- This homemade pan release can be used for all types of cakes and there is no need to use parchment paper in addition.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you and stay blessed.
YOU MAY LIKE THIS
BASIC KITCHEN TOOLS FOR EVERY BAKER
Homemade Pan Release
- 1 cup All purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredient in a bowl and mix thoroughly with a mixer until well combined.
- Store in a sealed air-tight container and no refrigeration is required.
- When ready to use, brush onto pan liberally so that all side and corners are covered. This will prevent any food from sticking in the pan after baking.
- After baking allow baking pans to cool before using it again. Cakes and quick breads should cool in the baking pan for 10 minutes before turning unto cooling rack.
Leave a Reply