This easy pumpkin bread is not only easy to make but very delicious and full of fall flavors which is hard to beat.
This is another example of quick bread which is delicious and the whole family will love it. This pumpkin bread does not require any rising time or kneading since it uses quick rising agent such as baking powder and baking soda. They are made in the same way as most of the muffin recipes found here. If you are new to baking, this is a good recipe to start with. What you need is just a few mixing and you are ready to bake.
Preparation Before Baking the Pumpkin Bread
Before mixing the ingredient and baking the pumpkin bread consider the following points to help you save time in the kitchen.
- Make sure to read the recipe thoroughly to ensure that you have all the needed ingredients and tools.
- Measure all your ingredient adequately. If you are using measuring cup for measuring flour, always scoop into the measuring cup and level it. Do not bang the measuring cup as this will increase the quantity of flour and will affect the final product.
- Bring the eggs and sour cream to room temperature before using. This makes it easy for mixing.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool.
- Adjust the oven racks and preheat the oven to 350 °F / 180 °C. Be mindful of how you place the oven rack. When the oven rack is too high, the top part of the food will brown quickly while the inner part is not cooked. To prevent uneven baking, place the rack in the middle.
- Prepare the loaf pan (pan size: 9 x 5 x 3 inches) either with nonstick cooking spray, vegetable oil and flour or my magical homemade pan release.
- If using nuts in this recipe, toast and chop them. Spread the nut on a baking sheet and bake at 350 °F for about 8 minutes or when they are golden brown. Allow it to cool completely before adding to batter.
Ingredients Needed to Bake the Pumpkin Bread
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Spices: cinnamon, gloves, nutmeg
- Sour Cream
- Butter (melted)
- Pumpkin puree
- Nuts (optional)
How To Make The Pumpkin Bread
The first step in making the pumpkin bread is to combine and mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices with whisk, and set it aside.
The second step is to whisk well a mixture of sugar, sour cream, melted butter, eggs, and pumpkin puree.
- The third step is to add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and mix them together. Do not over mix the batter at this point otherwise, the bread will be tough and chewy. If the batter looks lumpy, that is okay because during baking, all the lumps will disappear.
Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 50 to 55 minutes. You can also know that the bread is done when it pulls away from the pan or when a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean and dry.
Remove the pumpkin bread from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to the cooling rack.
Serve and enjoy.
Helpful Tips When Making Pumpkin Bread
- Chocolate chips, dried fruits or nuts can be added to the pumpkin bread batter before baking.
- When using dried fruit, toss the fruit in flour and shake the excess off before adding to the batter. This will prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom of the bread when done.
- Greek yogurt can be used in place of the sour cream.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- The bread freeze well and can be kept in the freezer for about 3 months. Before freezing, first wrap it in foil and place it in a freezer bag. When ready to use it, thaw the bread unwrapped and at room temperature. Reheat and enjoy.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you and stay blessed.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- 1¾ cup All purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 oz sour cream
- ¼ cup butter (melted and cool)
- 2 large eggs
- 8 oz canned pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F or 180 °C and prepare 9x5x3 inches size loaf pan with non stick spray.
- Mix flour , baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg together in a medium size bowl, set aside.
- Combine pumpkin puree,sugar, melted butter, vanilla extract and sour cream in a bowl, whisk until well mixed.
- Add the eggs to the pumpkin mixture and mix well. This can be done with spatula.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and mix together. Do not over mix the batter at this point otherwise, the bread will be tough and chewy. If the batter looks lumpy, that is ok because during baking, all the lumps will disappear.
- Pour the pumpkin bread batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 50-55minutes. You can also know that the bread is done when it pulls away from the pan or when a tooth pick is inserted into the center and comes out clean and dry.
- Remove the pumpkin bread from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfers to the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The bread freeze well and can be kept in the freezer for about 3 months. Before freezing, first wrap it in foil and then place it in a freezer bag. When ready to use it, thaw the bread unwrapped and at room temperature. Reheat(optional) and enjoy.