This best pumpkin muffins recipe will be your go-to recipe after trying it. These are very delicious, not overly sweet, and with a hint of pumpkin spice.
I tried the recipe three times while adjusting the ratio of dry ingredient to wet ingredient and the taste and texture before getting the best results. After adjusting all the ingredients, it must pass my taste testers mark too. Luckily, it did, and the first batch was gone before I could take photos for this post.
These muffins have all the qualities of a perfect muffin. Which include rounded top, appealing cinnamon and all the fall aroma we love. It is very moist and has very fine crumbs.
Preparation Before Baking The Best Pumpkin Muffins
These steps are important since they will help you work faster and not waste a lot of time in the kitchen.
- To ensure that you have all the ingredients and tools needed for baking, read through the whole recipe you are using. Familiarize yourself with any additional preparation needed.
- Measure all your ingredients accurately and arrange them in the order they are listed in the recipe.
- Bring the eggs and milk to room temperature before using them.
- Adjust the oven racks and preheat the oven to the required temperature. For this recipe the temperature is 350 °F or 180 °C.
- Prepare your muffin or cupcake pans. Place paper liner into the pans and set aside. You can use my magic pan release for the pan, if you don not have paper liners.
- Open the canned pumpkin puree items.
Ingredients Needed for Making The Pumpkin Muffins
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Brown sugar
- Pumpkin spices including cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves
- Pumpkin puree
- Vegetable oil
- Vanilla extract
- Dried fruits
How To Make The Best Pumpkin Muffins
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and vanilla extract.
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix the batter since it might end up being tough and chewy.
- Add dried fruit to the batter if you are using.
- Spoon into prepared muffins pans by filling each pan to ¾ full.
- Bake at 350°F for about 18 to 20 minutes. Alternatively, you can insert a toothpick into the center of the muffins. If it comes out clean and dry, then it means the muffin is done baking.
- transfer the muffins onto cooling rack after baking to cool completely. Serve and enjoy. The remaining ones can be stored in an airtight container for another day.
Helpful Tips For Making The Pumpkin Muffins
- Pumpkin muffins freeze well so you can double the recipe to get enough to store.
- They can be used for snacks or paired with your morning coffee. They can even be added to school lunch boxes.
- This recipe can also be made into pumpkin bread
- You can add either toasted nuts, chocolate chip or dried fruits to the muffins. When using dried or fresh fruit, toss them slightly with flour and shake off any excess before adding them to the batter.
- If you want it sweeter, increase the sugar quantity to ¾ cup.
The best pumpkin muffins for the whole family!
Thanks for reading. As always know that God loves you and stay blessed.
You May Like This!
Best Pumpkin Muffins
- 2 cups All purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 15 ounces canned pumpkin puree (1 can)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 ounces dried cranberry (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder,baking soda, brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and salt. Mix and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk,pumpkin puree, vegetable oil and vanilla extract .
- Add the pumpkin mixture to the flour mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix the batter since it might end up being tough and chewy. Any lumpys will disappear after baking.
- Add dried fruit if you are using. When using dried fruit, toss the fruit in flour and shake the excess off before adding to the batter. This will prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom of the muffins when done.
- Use a large ice cream scoop or spoon and fill the muffin pans. The pans should be ¾ full to give the muffin a nice rounded top.
- Bake the muffins for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted into the center of the muffins and comes out clean and dry. Remove them immediately to the cooling rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy