This zucchini bread is very moist and delicious. It is the best recipe you can have at hand. There is no need to look further because the whole family will like it. The bread is very full of zucchini and very quick to make as well.
Preparation before baking the zucchini bread
- To ensure that you have all the ingredients and tools needed for baking, read through the whole recipe you are using. Familiarize yourself with any additional preparation needed.
- Bring the eggs to room temperature before using.
- Adjust the oven racks and preheat the oven to the required temperature. For this recipe, the temperature is 350 °F or 180 °C.
- Wash the zucchini and the lemon you are using.
- Grate the zucchini but do not peel the skin off rather leave it on. Use the large side of the box grater to grate and do not salt or drain any liquid from the zucchini.
- Grate lemon zest and extract the juice to be used
- Measure all your ingredients for this recipe adequately. If you are using measuring cup for measuring flour, always scoop into the measuring cup and level it. Do not bang the measuring cup as this will increase the quantity of flour and will affect the final product.
- Toast your nut slightly and chop if using, this add additional nutty flavor to the recipe.
- Prepare your loaf pan which is usually 9x5x3 inches with oil and flour or non-stick baking spray. You can also try my homemade pan release.
Ingredient needed for making the zucchini bread
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Sugar (granulated & brown)
- Grated zucchini
- Lemon (zest and juice)
- Vegetable oil
How To Make The Zucchini Bread
This recipe comes together very quickly especially if you have all the ingredients ready to go.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together in a large bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine zucchini, eggs, lemon zest, lemon juice, vegetable oil and whisk together.
- Add the zucchini mixture to the flour mixture and stir gently until combined.
- Add the cashew if you are using and stir just to combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and sprinkled with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 50 -55 minutes or until you insert toothpick into it and come out clean and dry
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10minutes before turning it out unto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Chocolate chips, dried fruits or nuts can be added to the zucchini bread batter before baking.
- When using dried fruit, toss the fruit in flour and shake the excess off before adding to the batter. This will prevent the fruit from sinking to the bottom of the bread when done.
- This recipe can easily be doubled.
- The bread freeze well and can be kept in the freezer for about 3 months. Before freezing, first wrap it in foil and then place it in a freezer bag. When ready to use it, thaw the bread unwrapped and at room temperature. Reheat and enjoy.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you and stay blessed.
YOU MAY LIKE THIS
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cups cashew (toasted and chopped)
- 1⅔ cups grated zucchini
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large lemon (use zest and juice)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, granulated and brown sugar and toasted cashew in a medium bowl and mix together.
- In another bowl, mix together zucchini, eggs, lemon zest and juice and vegetable oil.
- Add the zucchini mixture to the flour mixture and mix together. Do not over mix the batter since it might end up being tough and chewy.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar'
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes or unitl toothpick inserted into the center and comes out clean and dry.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes in the pan before turning it unto cooling rack to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy.
Leave a Reply