These strawberry shortbread wedge cookies combine butter, both brown and white granulated sugar, vanilla, and strawberries to make delicious cookies. Made in one bowl, uses few ingredients, and does not require rolling or refrigeration.
More about these cookies with Strawberries!
Shortbread cookies are very buttery cookies which is made from 3 main ingredients. other recipes use eggs and others do not. This strawberry shortbread does not use eggs, but the butter and sugar make the cookie soft and flavorful. I like this shortbread cookies since they do not require rolling or chilling.
Strawberry cookies are loaded with fresh strawberries which makes it difficult to achieve crunchy and buttery cookies at the same time. These strawberry cookies have all the flavors of a fresh strawberries without the moisture. Freeze dried strawberries are the secret to my strawberry shortbread cookies recipe. If you want more strawberry color and flavor, then add about half a tablespoon to the dough.
I used brown sugar and granulated sugar for a boost of flavor and texture. You can replace the brown sugar with granulated white sugar for a pinker cookie.
Uses of Freeze Dry Strawberry
Freeze-dried strawberries are fruits that have dried in their natural state with no additives added, and they are full of flavor. They are available in most grocery stores, and you will find them where they have dried raisins and other dried fruits. Use freeze dried fruits or powdered strawberry to flavor buttercream frosting and cake batter.
This Shortbread Strawberry Cookies
- A 1 bowl cookie recipe
- Real strawberries without the moisture
- Extra soft in the center
- Buttery and crispy on the outside
- No rolling or chilling needed
As I said earlier this recipe uses only 6 ingredients, which you might have in your kitchen already.
- Freeze dried Strawberry powder
- Vanilla extract
How to Make Strawberry Shortbread Wedge Cookies
This is an overview of how to make the cookies and there is a detailed instruction on the recipe card below.
Make the cookies dough in a bowl or food processor. Beat the butter and the brown and white sugar together until creamy. Add the vanilla extract and beat to mix. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter. Mix to form a dough.
Prepare the baking pan with parchment paper. Transfer the dough to the prepared pan and spread evenly over the bottom. You can use the bottom of a glass dipped in flour or your hands to compact the dough. Prink all over the dough with fork, pointed knife or skewer to help and steam escape during baking.
Bake the cookies for about 25- 30 minutes or slightly golden brown at the edges. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and while it is still hot use a pizza wheel to cut into 16 wedges and allow the wedges to cool completely.
How To Store the strawberry Cookies
Store the baked cookies in a covered container at room temperature for about 1 week. The cookies should be kept in the refrigerator for a week. They also freeze well for a up to 3 months. When ready to use them, thaw the cookies overnight in the refrigerator and bring to room temperature before serving.
The cookie dough freezes well up to 3 months. Allow the dough to come to room temperature before using.
Watch How TO Make Strawberry cookies recipe
Other Cookie Recipes
If you have any questions about this recipe, I will love to hear about them in the comment section below. Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a review and rating below. Tag me @ #theduchezkitchen- on Instagram and Facebook. Find me @theduchezkitchen.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you, and stay blessed!
Strawberry shortbread Wedge cookies recipe
- Food Processor
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter softened
- 2 ¼ cups (280g) all- purpose flour
- ¼ cup (50g) granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup (50g) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons freeze dried strawberry powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F/ 180°C. Line a 9 -inch springform baking pan or cake pan with a circle parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt and dried freeze strawberry powder and mix. Se aside. In another large mixing bowl of a stand mixer or with a hand mixer or food processer, add sugar, butter, and cream until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and mix. scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter and mix on low speed to combine.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared dough and spread evenly over the bottom. You can use the bottom of a glass dipped in flour to compact the dough. Prink all over the dough with fork, pointed knife or skewer.
- Bake the cookies for about 20- 25 minutes or slightly golden brown at the edges. Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and while it is still hot use a pizza wheel to cut into 16 wedges and allow the wedges to cool completely.
- The cookies will stay fresh for up to 1 week when stored in a well-covered container.