These SWEET and Spicy candied pecans trader joe copycat recipe is easy to make at home and they are delicious. These are great gifts or treat for the holiday season. These pecans are slightly sweetened with maple syrup and bursting with spices.
More about these candied pecans
These sweet and spicy pecans are very easy to make and best of all they are vegan, gluten-free, and good for every taste bud.
You require a few ingredients.
It does not require any complex cooking method; all you need to do is mix and put it in the oven.
A great holiday gift for friends and family.
They add crunch to your desserts, ice creams, salads, and many more.
Good for snacking and it travels well too.
Ingredients for Trader Joe Candied Pecans
How to Make Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans
start by adding the olive oil, maple syrup, salt, and cinnamon into a medium bowl and stir together.
Add the pecans to the maple syrup mixture and stir to combine.
Transfer the coated spicy pecans onto a baking sheet and spread them in a single layer.
Bake for about 10 minutes or until you see caramelized pecans.
Allow to cool and transfer into a sterilized jar with a lid.
Variation and substitutions to the maple candied pecans
- You can use smoked paprika or pumpkin spice to make them sweet and savory.
- You can use honey or powdered sugar or any sweeteners you have.
- If you don’t like pecans, any nut can be used.
What Can you serve these Candied Pecans?
Candied pecans recipes are delicious and very versatile
The pecans can be used as snacks and that is my favorite part. You can portion them and use them as a grab-and-go snack.
Another popular use is to use them as a salad topping. These will add some sweetness and crush to the salad.
You can chop them up and use them as streusel or crumbling topping for muffins and quick bread.
You can crush them into fine texture and use it as a coating for fish, chicken, or beef for added flavor and crunch.
Watch How to Make the Spicy Pecans Recipe
How to Store the Maple Pecans
Candied pecans can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. allow the pecans to cool completely before storing them. You can keep them in the refrigerator or the freezer for longer storage.
How to Gift the Candied Pecans
Do you need a quick holiday gift for a friend, then this is the recipe for you? Package the pecans in a jar with a cover, add ribbon and add a label. Your gift is ready, and you are certain they will enjoy the gift.
If you have any questions about this recipe, I will love to hear about them in the comment section below. Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a review and rating below. Tag me @ #theduchezkitchen- on Instagram and Facebook? Find me @theduchezkitchen.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you, and stay blessed!
Happy baking and decorating!!
Candied Pecans – Trader Joe’s Copycat Recipe
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (40g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (11g)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups pecan halves (250g)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the maple syrup, olive oil, salt, cayenne pepper, and ground cinnamon.
- Add the pecans to the maple mixture and stir until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Transfer the pecans to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Scrape out every bit of glaze from the bowl and drizzle over the nuts. Bake for 10- 12 minutes, until the pecans are caramelized. The nuts around the edges will darken first so you can turn the baking sheet around halfway through the baking time.
- Once baked, bring it out of the oven and allow the pecans to cool completely. Remove the pecans from the parchment or silicone mat, breaking apart any clusters if necessary, and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.