Simple and easy-made-from-scratch Domino’s pizza recipe using the best Domino’s pizza dough.
Homemade pizza crust may seem intimidating at first, but it is not. Some people ask why you waste time making pizza dough from scratch when you can buy frozen pizza dough. I always say that frozen pizza is the way to go for convenience, but for a delicious and flavorful product, you are the one to make it. Check out this pizza dough recipe for detailed information and step-by-step instructions on making the pizza crust. This video shows you how to make pizza dough from scratch.
Pizza Dough Ingredients
Here is the recipe for making Domino’s pizza dough; these ingredients are needed. The
- Flour: use all-purpose flour in the pizza crust
- Yeast: instant yeast is used, which works very quickly since there is no
- Oil: adds richness to the dough and helps it crisp up in the oven. Olive oil adds flavor to the dough as well.
- Salts: A little dose of salt is added for flavor — this is important, as pizza dough can be bland.
- Cornmeal is not in the dough but is used for dusting the baking sheet. It keeps the dough from sticking as it bakes. Cornmeal gives the crust flavor and is used by most commercial pizza makers.
- Yeast: makes the dough rise. I use instant yeast, rapid-rise, or quick-rise yeast. Active dry yeast can also be used, requiring you to hydrate the yeast with warm water and sugar.
- Water: I use warm water to reduce the dough’s rising time. The temperature of the water should be about 100 – 110 0F. If you leave the dough to proof or rise in the refrigerator, use cold water.
- Sugar: the sugar feeds the yeast to increase the yeast’s activity.
- Flavor boosters: dry or powdered milk and garlic powder were added to enhance the dough’s flavor and texture. These ingredients are optional to use.
Domino’s Pizza Dough Video Tutorial
Pizza Baking Equipment
- Stand Mixer: an electric stand mixer is preferred for making pizza dough. You can also use a little elbow grease to knead the dough.
- Pizza Pan: When it comes to the pizza pan, there are many options. Some use pizza stones, baking stones, or pizza peels. If you don’t have any, a regular pizza pan or baking sheet works great too.
- Pizza Cutter: use a sharp and easy-to-use pizza cutter; this OXO pizza cutter is good.
Dominos Pizza Recipe Ingredients
You can use store-bought or homemade pizza sauce, which works great.
for this pizza, all you need are mozzarella cheese, Monterey jack cheese, parmigiana reggiano, and pepperoni.
Pizza sauce is also needed; either homemade or store-bought can work.
Other Topping Suggestions:
- Veggie pizza: you can use roasted eggplant, mushrooms, onions, and some fresh herb like basil and thinly sliced.
- Cheese pizza
- Supreme Pizza
- Pan Pizza
- 4 meat Pizza
How to Make Domino Pepperoni Pizza
Preheat your oven to 425 0 F. and place the rack in the lower part of the oven. Dust a pizza pan with cornmeal and place the stretched pizza dough onto the pizza pan. Press the dough into place. Spread your tomato sauce over the top, leaving a 1-inch border for the crust. Top with your favorite toppings, or make a specialty pizza.
Bake on the bottom rack of a 425°F oven for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Slice into 8 slices and serve.
How to Store Dominos Pizza Dough
After the first rise, coat the dough with olive oil. Then place the dough into the individual freezer bag and seal tightly, squeezing out all the air. Freeze for up to 3 months.
When ready to use the dough, place the frozen pizza dough in the refrigerator for about 8 hours or overnight. When ready to make pizza, let the dough rest on the countertop at room temperature for 30 minutes. Now the dough is ready to use for the pizza recipe. How to Thaw frozen pizza dough
How to Reheat Leftover Dominos Pizza
Reheat leftover pizza in the microwave, or cover it with aluminum foil, and bake in a medium-heat oven until warmed through for about 10 minutes.
Other Recipes You Will Like
Don’t Want to Miss a Thing?
If you have any questions about this Domino’s pizza recipe, I would love to hear about them in the comment section below. Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a review and recipe rating below. Tag me @ #theduchezkitchen- on Instagram and Facebook.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you, and stay blessed!
Dominos Pizza Recipe
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon dry milk
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ⅓ cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pizza Sauce
- 1 Cup Canned tomatoes sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon Black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
- ¼ cup Parmigiana Reggiano
- ½ pounds Pepperoni 1/4 slices
- Garlic butter
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 clove garlic minced.
- Make Pizza Dough: Combine the flour, yeast, salt, and sugar, garlic powder, dry milk in a bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl. Mix everything with a wooden spoon, and then add the water and oil to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until the dough comes together into a shaggy mass. Take the mixing bowl to the mixer, attach the dough hook, and knead on medium-low speed until smooth and elastic. The dough is ready when the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. If the dough is sticky and sticks to the sides of the bowl, add more flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough leaves the side of the bowl. This will take about 5- 7 minutes. You can Knead the dough by hand, which will take about 7 – 10 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled bowl and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place for about 1- 2 hours or until it doubles in size. You can leave the dough to rise in the refrigerator overnight.
- After the dough has risen, punch it down, divide it into 2, and roll each dough into a ball. If you are not ready to use the pizza dough, coat it with olive oil and place it in the freezer bag. Refrigerate for up to 2 days. You can also freeze the dough for up to 3 months. (Check below for how to freeze the pizza dough)
- Make the Pizza Sauce: In a small saucepan, add all the ingredients for the sauce in and mix to combine. Cook the sauce on medium heat for about 10 minutes and allow it to cool before using.
- Preheat the oven to 425° F and place the rack in the lower part of the oven. If you are using a pizza stone, place it in the oven to preheat.
- Shape the pizza.
- First method Roll the dough on a floured board with a rolling pin or floured hands into any shape by rotating and often turning so that the dough does not stick to the board. If the dough resists rolling, rest for a few minutes and try rolling again.
- Second method: use half of your dough, place it on a floured work surface, and with your knuckles, begin to punch down a thin layer in the center working your way out to create a crust. Pick up your dough, place it over your closed fists, and rotate it around, gently stretching to 10” to 12” without tearing the dough.
- Putting it together:
- Dust a pizza pan with cornmeal and place the stretched pizza dough onto the pan. Press the dough to form a disc and turn the edges on themselves to create a rim. Spread your tomato sauce over the top, leaving a 1-inch border for the crust. Add the cheese, sliced pepperoni and brush the edges with olive oil.
- Bake Pizza on the bottom rack of a 425°F oven for 14-15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is melted and bubbling. Bring the pizza out and brush the edges with garlic butter. Slice into 8 slices and serve immediately. Cover leftover pizza and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.