If you a fan of the traditional African puff puff but don’t have the time to make them. Then these 3-ingredient bofrot or puff-puff are for you.
This shortcut bofrot makes a quick breakfast treat or snack. Yeast free and no waiting time required, turn the classic front into quick and delicious food.
Ingredients for Making the 3 Ingredients Bofrot
There are 3 ingredients used in this recipe.
- Self-rising Flour: since this recipe has no yeast, self-rising flour is used. The flour contains a leavening agent already and helps the puff puff rise.
- Vanilla flavored Yogurt: this ingredient makes the bofrot soft and sweetens it. You can use any flavored yogurt, especially if you want a flavored bofrot. Any yogurt will work for this recipe.
- Ground Nutmeg: adding a pinch of nutmeg takes the taste and flavor of these puff puffs to another level. If you are allergic, you can leave it out, and the bofrot will still taste great.
How to Make Bofrot
This recipe is super easy, just as the ingredients list.
In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and nutmeg and which them together.
Add the vanilla yogurt to the flour mixture. Mix everything together to form a soft dough. There should not be any traces of flour.
Heat oil to deep-fry the donuts in a large or deep-frying pan or pot. To check whether the oil is hot enough, fry a little bit of dough in the oil. You will know when the oil is ready if the dough turns a golden brown and floats to the top.
Transfer the cooked bofrot onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the extra oil.
Watch How to Make The Easy Bofrot
What to Serve these Easy Bofrot with!
- Bofrot is popularly served with cornmeal porridge or pap for breakfast.
- You can dip them in melted chocolate and have them as snacks.
- These can be enjoyed with roasted peanuts, and this is how I like to eat them.
Tips for Making Bofrot
Use an ice scoop or two spoons to drop the dough into the hot oil for even sizes.
Do not overcrowd the oil to prevent soggy bofrot.
Always make sure you adjust the temperature of the oil as needed. This helps prevent the bofrot from browning too quickly while the inside is not cooked.
Other Recipes You Will Like!
DON’T WANT TO MISS A THING?
If you have any questions about this recipe, I would love to hear them in the comment section below. Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a review and recipe rating below. Tag me @ #theduchezkitchen- on Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you, and stay blessed!
3 Ingredients Bofrot
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- ½ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt ( sweetened)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour and nutmeg and whisk them together.
- Add the vanilla yogurt to the flour mixture. Mix everything together to form a soft dough. There should not be any traces of flour.
- In a large or deep-frying pan or pot, heat up oil to deep fry the bofrot. To check whether the oil is hot enough, fry a little bit of dough in the oil. You will know when the oil is ready if the dough turns a golden brown and floats to the top.
- Use an ice scoop to scoop the dough into the heated oil and cook until golden brown.
- Transfer the cooked bofrot onto a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the extra oil
- Serve and enjoy.