This strawberry lemonade is a refreshing drink for the hot summer days. It is a perfect drink for any occasion such as birthdays, baby showers, bridal showers, and parties.
They are delicious, easy, and very quick to make. If you want some recipes to make with your kids, then give this drink a try. I made this recipe with my kids, and it was fun for everyone. This recipe can be doubled or tripled for your party.
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade Ingredients
This homemade drink is easy and uses few ingredients which you might have in the kitchen already.
- Strawberries: fresh strawberries were used but frozen strawberries will work too.
- Lemons: 3 large fresh lemons give you enough juice that makes ½ cup.
- Sugar: white granulated sugar was used to make simple syrup. Other sugar alternatives can also be used, read further for instruction.
- Water: 4 cups was used for the drink. Half cup was used for the syrup and a ¼ was used for blending the fruit. Then the remaining was added to the lemonade.
- Flavor: peppercorn was used in the syrup for flavor.
How to make the lemonade
The recipe details will be in the recipe card, but this is an overview of the process of making it.
- Prep-work. wash all the strawberries by placing them in a colander and run it under cold, running water for 20 seconds. Make sure that every single strawberry has been thoroughly rinsed to get rid of dirt and other pesticide. Do the same for the lemons before juicing them.
- Make the simple syrup. Add the sugar, 4 pieces of Selim spice, and ½ cup of the water to a small pan. Simmer on a medium heat until dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Juice the lemons. Use a lemon squeezer to extract the juice from the lemons. Strain the juice into a bowl.
- Blend the strawberries. blend the fruit with a blender or food processer until pureed.
- Make the lemonade. Combine the lemon juice, pureed strawberries, syrup, and water in a bowl. Stir to combine, pour into a pitcher, add ice cubes, and serve.
Variations to this Recipe
This recipe is very easy to make but any fruits will work too. All you have to do is to substitute the fruit in place of the strawberry. Below are some of the varieties of drinks you can make using the recipe.
- Strawberry limeade: replace the lemons in this recipe with lime.
- Watermelon lemonade: substitute the strawberries with watermelon.
- Fresh peach lemonade: use fresh peaches instead of strawberries.
- Raspberry lemonade: replace the strawberries with raspberry or try other berries.
- Mango pineapple lemonade: if you are in the mood for some tropical taste, then use mango and pineapple in place of the strawberries.
The possibility of this lemonade is endless. Aside from these variations, you can add an extra flavor to the lemonade with mints leaves, lemon verbena, lemon balm, or fresh basil. If you have any favorite spice that will work too.
Tips for Making the Best Strawberry Lemonade
- Blend the strawberry well to prevent chunks of fruits getting stuck in your straw or drink dispenser. You can remove the pulp by straining the lemonade through a fine mesh sieve before serving
- Add ice only when you are ready to serve so you do not end up with diluted lemonade.
- For the best taste, use fresh lemon juice.
- Make a simple syrup from the sugar and water for the lemonade instead adding the raw sugar. It blends well in the recipe and taste better.
- Make ice cubes with some of the lemonade and use it to serve the drink.
How to Make Sugar-Free Lemonade
You can adjust the recipe to your taste or dietary needs. You can make sugar-free version with natural sweetener. Powdered monk fruit sweetener and granulated erythritol sweetener work well.
Coconut palm sugar, pure maple syrup, and honey are other natural sweeteners that can be used. Use these sweeteners to make syrup just like using regular sugar. To make the sugar-free syrup, simmer an equal amount of any sugar-free or natural sweetener and water until dissolved. Then proceed with the rest of the instructions as stated in the recipe.
How to Make the Lemonade Recipe Ahead of Time
Sometimes, you don’t have time to make the lemonade and serve it the same day for your party. Homemade lemonade can be in the fridge for up to a week
- Make the syrup, juice the lemon, puree the strawberry, and mix everything together. Then pour the lemonade concentrate into an airtight container and put it in the refrigerator. When ready to use serve, pour the mixture into a pitcher, add enough water to dilute to the desired taste. Add slices of fresh strawberry and lemon to serve.
- If you are storing the lemonade for up to a week, then remove any pieces of fruit by straining the lemonade through a fine sieve.
Can I Use Frozen Strawberries?
Yes! When using frozen strawberries, thaw the fruit to make blending easy. You can also use a powerful blender to blend the frozen strawberries and continue with the rest of the recipe.
Is Strawberry Lemonade the Same as Pink emonade?
No! Pink lemonade is a regular lemonade colored with food color or cranberry juice. And this recipe is made with fresh strawberries. The strawberries are the star of the show.
If you have any questions about this recipe, I will love to hear about them in the comment section below. Did you make this recipe, snap a photo, and tag me #theduchezkitchen- I love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook? Find me @theduchezkitchen.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you, and stay blessed!
Happy baking and decorating!
Easy Strawberry Lemonade Recipe
- Lemon Squeezer
- magic bullet blender
- ½ cup lemon juice from 4 large lemons plus extra for garnish
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 pieces selim spice or cloves
- 10 pieces large strawberry or 15 medium sizes plus enough for garnish
- 4 cups cold water
- 2 cups ice for serving
- simple syrup
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, 1/2 cup of water, Selim spice, and set it on medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stir until sugar dissolve. Allow the syrup to cool to room temperature.
- Extract the juice from the fresh lemons and strain to get rid of seeds and roughages. Set the juice aside.
- In a blender, combine strawberries and ¼ cup water. Blend until well smooth and there are no chunks of fruit left.
- In a large bowl, combine simple syrup, strawberry puree, lemon juice, and remaining of the water. Stir well.
- Pour the strawberry lemonade into a pitcher, add ice, slices of strawberry and lemons.
- Serve and enjoy.