These watermelon popsicles are refreshing summer treats full of fresh watermelons. These popsicles are easy to make uses only three ingredients. There is no added sugar so perfect for everyone to enjoy.
Why you will love these watermelon popsicles
- Naturally sweet and refreshing
- Natural fruits with no artificial additives
- Very simple to make and ready to freeze in 10 minutes
- No added sugar or unknown ingredients.
- They are Vegan, keto, paleo, low carb, and kid friendly recipe
Ingredients You Will Need
How to make this homemade watermelon popsicles
Prep-work. gather the ingredients-watermelon, lemon, and strawberry for the popsicles. Wash them well to get rid of any dirt.
Cut the watermelon and strawberries into chunks for easy blending. Extract juice from one lemon and measure 1 tablespoon.
Blend the fruit with the lemon juice until smooth.
Pour the watermelon and strawberry puree into your mold, clean the edges, and add popsicle sticks. Freeze the popsicles for at least 3 hours or until the pops are frozen
Variations to The homemade Popsicles Recipe
- Adding lime instead of the lemon
- Use your favorite character mold for a fun popsicle or theme pops party.
- Make them creamy by adding almond milk, or coconut milk, or yogurt.
- You can add other fruits to watermelon to variations.
- Your can also make the pops in layers with yogurt, milk, other fruit or this fruit pops.
You can turn your favorite watermelon smoothie into a perfect popsicle.
Tips to Make the Best Homemade Watermelon Pops
- Use seedless watermelon to prevent hard seeds in the popsicles.
- Leave about ¾ space in the mold after pouring the puree to allow for expansion.
Molding The Popsicles
After making the watermelon popsicles, you need to mold them. Mold comes in different shapes and types but the one I like is this silicone mold or watermelon posicles mold. They are easy to use, and I can make different flavors at the same time since it has 10 slots. When the mold is ready to use, pour the mixture into a pitcher with a spout or glass measuring cup to fill the molds. Leave about one-quarter inch of room at the top for expansion during freezing. Also, wipe any excess mixture from the top of the mold so it does not freeze and make the unmolding difficult. Add the popsicle sticks and freeze.
How to Make Popsicles Without a Mold
Popsicles can be made virtually in anything from muffin tins, shot glasses, small drinking cups, or even a loaf pan. The sticks can lie slanted but you can wrap the container tightly with aluminum foil. Poke a hole through the foil with a knife, add the sticks, and they will stand upright. Another option is to freeze the popsicle mixture for about 2 hours before adding the sticks and they will stand upright.
Freezing the Watermelon Popsicles
Popsicles take 6- 8 hours to fully freeze and make unmolding easy. Freezing times will vary depending on the freezer, the type of popsicle base made, and finally the mold you are using. For you to have the best results, leave the popsicle in the freezer overnight to have them freeze properly. After a day, unmold the pops so they are not discolored.
How To Unmold Popsicles
Unmolding popsicles can be tricky and the last thing you want is broken popsicles after waiting for a long time. I find the best method is to run the popsicle mold under warm running water for a few seconds. All you must do is hold the bottom of the mold under running water. Move the mold around to warm the individual mold evenly and that should take about 10 seconds. Place the mold on a flat surface and hold the edges firmly, pull the pops gently out of the mold to get clean, nice, and firm pops.
Another option is to fill a container that is at least the height of the pop mold with warm water. Then dip mold in the water until the fruit pops loosen. Remove the mold out of the water onto a sturdy and flat surface. Pull the popsicles from the mold with gentle pressure to get clean and undamaged pops. If the pops are difficult to pull out, then put the mold back into the water for a few seconds and try again.
How to Store the Watermelon Popsicles
After unmolding, the pops are ready to enjoy. How do you store the remaining pops, to not stick together to become one big piece? Just re-freeze the individual popsicles for 20 minutes or until they are frozen. Remove the popsicles from the freezer and place them in a freezer zip bag and seal. Label the bag with date and the flavor of the pops. Homemade fruit popsicles will keep for about one month in the freezer and after that they begin to lose their flavor. Give this recipe a try and enjoy.
If you have any questions about this recipe, I will love to hear about them in the comment section below. Did you make this recipe, snap a photo and tag me #theduchezkitchen- I love to see your creations on Instagram and Facebook? Find me @theduchezkitchen.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you and stay blessed!
Happy baking and decorating!!
The Best Homemade Watermelon Popsicles
- popsicle mold
- 4 cups watermelon
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cut the watermelon and strawberries into chunks. Then, put the watermelon, strawberry and fresh lemon juice into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the watermelon mixture into 10 popsicle molds. Leave a ¾ inch space on top of the mold to allow for expansion.
- Clean the edges and dd the lid to each popsicle mold and then freeze them for overnight or until fully frozen.
- Unmold, serve, and enjoy.