These 3 ingredient lemonade popsicles are refreshing frozen treats for the hot summer days. This recipe uses only 3 ingredients and no complicated cooking method.
Lemon is one of the flavors that many people like, whether being in a refreshing lemonade drink or frozen lemon popsicles. I love everything about lemonade like this strawberry lemonade. These lemonade popsicles are made with fresh lemon juice, water, and sugar. They are easy and my kids love to help make them.
More about these Lemon Popsicles
• These are refreshing lemonade in the form of a popsicle. You can add some diced fruit for color in the frozen lemonade popsicles.
• The lemon flavor is bright and bold and perfect for summer days. The popsicle is light and will balance your taste buds after any meal.
• It is very easy to make. All you do is squeeze the lemons and dissolve sugar in water, mix and pour into popsicles mold.
• These lemonade popsicles have the best sweet and sour combinations of flavor you would like to have on a hot day. The best is they are dairy-free and gluten-free ice pops
. They are simply lemonade popsicles.
Homemade Lemonade Popsicles Ingredients
1. Lemons. I use freshly squeezed lemon juice to flavor the popsicles. It is the star of the recipe. This is the lemon juicer used for extracting the juice.
2. Sugar– I used white granulated sugar for the recipe. I made a simple syrup by combining one part of water with one part of sugar. Then cook them until the sugar dissolved. You can use it right away or store it in the refrigerator for later use.
3. Cold Water – this is used to dilute the syrup and the lemon juice.
BASICS OF HOMEMADE POPSICLES
Homemade popsicles can be creamy or fruity, depending on personal preferences.
Creamy popsicles will have yogurt, ice cream, whip cream, or heavy cream as the base making it creamy. Then you will add fruit (fresh or frozen), liquid, and sweetener. For a healthier creamy option, whole milk plain Greek yogurt will be a good one. With Greek yogurt, the best sweetener will be honey, agave, or maple syrup. Then just add them to your favorite popsicle flavors and enjoy.
Fruity popsicles use fruit as the base, then liquid (fruit juice, water, or milk) is added and in some cases a little sweetener. Most berries work well in popsicles and other fruits such as mango, pineapple, kiwi, banana, peach, watermelon, and more. Any combination of these fruits will work well, and the addition of herbs also works fine.
How to make Lemonade popsicles
This is an overview of how to make lemonade popsicles. For detailed instructions and ingredients check the recipe card below.
The first step is to make a simple syrup. To make the syrup, add the sugar and ½ cup of water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Extract the juice from the lemons with a juicer for maximum extraction. You can strain the juice to get rid of any of the pulp or use it as it is.
In a medium bowl or pitcher, add the lemon juice, the syrup, and the cold and mix thoroughly.
Pour into popsicle molds, add the popsicles sticks and then freeze overnight or for about 6 hours.
To remove from mold, allow the popsicles to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes and then unmold.
Place into a plastic bag and store in the freezer.
How to Make Pink Lemonade popsicles
it is easy to make pink lemonade ice lollies than you think. make the lemonade as stated in this recipe and add 1/2 cup all-natural cranberry juice with no added sugar. Stir and pour it into popsicles mold and freeze. You can
How to Make Popsicles Without a Mold
Popsicles can be made virtually in anything from muffin tins, shot glasses, small drinking cups, or even a loaf pan. The sticks can lie slanted but if you want it standing upright, you can wrap the container tightly with aluminum foil. Poke a hole through the foil with a knife, add the sticks, and they will stand upright. Another option is to freeze the popsicle mixture for about 2 hours before adding the sticks and they will stand upright.
What Can I Add to My Lemonade Popsicles?
• Add edible flowers or pieces of cut fruits to the popsicles mold before freezing to add an attractive touch to the lemon popsicles.
• Use your favorite character mold for a fun popsicle or theme pops party.
• Make them creamy by adding milk or yogurt to the popsicles like these creamy popsicles.
• Add your favorite fruit or fruit juice to the lemonade to make a perfect flavored popsicle.
Should I Use Bottled Lemon Juice or Fresh Squeezed?
You can use the bottled lemon juice if that is what is available to you or there is a real lemon juice shortage. But if you have access to fresh lemons, then I will recommend you use freshly squeezed lemon juice. Also, bottled lemon juice is more tart and fresh lemon juice is fresh.
You can make citrus popsicles by adding orange and tangerine juice to the recipe.
If you want an intense taste of lemon or sour popsicles, you can add a small amount of lime juice to get a new lemon lime popsicle recipe.
Add raspberry to make a raspberry lemonade popsicles version.
Another option that you can make with this recipe is pink lemonade popsicles.
Make sugar-free lemonade popsicles with lemonade made with a natural sugar substitute such as honey, agave, and sweeteners. You can use honey for the syrup and make honey lemon popsicles.
Lemon Popsicles Tips
After unmolding, just re-freeze the popsicles for 20 minutes or until they are solidly frozen again. Remove the popsicles from the freezer, place them in a freezer zip bag, and seal. Label the bag with the date and the flavor of the pops. Homemade fruit popsicles will keep for about one month in the freezer and after that, they begin to lose their flavor.
Popsicles take 6- 8 hours to fully freeze and make unmolding easy. Freezing times will vary depending on the freezer, the type of popsicle base made, and finally the mold you are using.
You can use a funnel that comes with this popsicle mold or drink pitcher or measuring cups for pouring the lemonade into the popsicle mold.
Watch How to Make lemon popsicles/ lemon popsicle video
Homemade Creamy Fruit Popsicles
Don’t Want to Miss a Thing?
Follow me on Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram, to keep up to date with all the latest news from the Duchez Kitchen
If you have any questions about this recipe, I will love to hear about them in the comment section below. Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a review and recipe rating below. Tag me @ #theduchezkitchen- on Instagram and Facebook?
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you, and stay blessed!
Lemonade Popsicle Recipe
- 1 lemon juicer
- ½ cup lemon juice or 3 medium-sized lemons l
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups cold water
- The first step is to make a simple syrup. To make the syrup, add the sugar and ½ cup of water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Extract the juice from the lemons strain and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl or pitcher, add the lemon juice, the syrup, and the cold and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into popsicle molds, add the popsicles sticks and then freeze overnight or for about 6 hours.
- To remove from mold, allow the popsicles to sit at room temperature for 5 minutes and then unmold.
- Place into a plastic bag and store in the freezer.
After unmolding, re-freeze the popsicles for 20 minutes or until they are solidly frozen again. Remove the popsicles from the freezer, place them in a freezer zip bag, and seal. Label the bag with the date and the flavor of the pops. Homemade fruit popsicles will keep for about one month in the freezer, and after that, they begin to lose their flavor.
Leave a Reply