This candied mixed nuts recipe with a hint of pumpkin spice is the perfect appetizer for the holiday table. These are easy to make and they are delicious. These will be a great gift for the holiday season as well.
Take your pumpkin spice recipe to a new level with this pumpkin spice candied nut. The best part is that kids love them too.
More about these Candied Mixed Nut
These are easy to make and best of all they are vegan, gluten-free, and good for every taste bud.
They require few ingredients.
No complex cooking method is required; all you need to do is mix and put it in the oven.
A great holiday gift for friends and family.
They add crunch to your desserts, ice creams, salads, and many more.
Good for snacking and it travels well too.
Ingredients for Candied Nuts
Pecans/ walnuts/ cashews/ almonds
How to Make sweet and spicy candied Mixed Nuts
Start by adding the olive oil, honey, salt, vanilla extract, and pumpkin spice into a medium bowl and stir together.
Add the nuts to the honey mixture and stir to combine.
Transfer the coated nuts onto a baking sheet and spread them in a single layer.
Bake for about 10 minutes.
Allow to cool and transfer into a sterilized jar with a lid.
Variation and substitutions to the Honey Candied Nuts
- Substitute smoked paprika, cayenne pepper or cinnamon to make them sweet and savory.
- You can use maple syrup or powdered sugar or any sweeteners you have like this maple candied pecans.
- Use any nut or seeds you have available.
What Can you serve these candied nuts?
Candied nuts are delicious and very versatile.
These nuts can be used as snacks. You can portion them and use them as a grab-and-go snack but make sure not to overeat.
Another popular use is to use them as a salad topping. These will add some sweetness and crush to the salad.
You can chop them up and use them as streusel or crumbling topping for muffins and quick bread.
Crush them into fine texture and use it as a coating for fish, chicken, or beef for added flavor and crunch.
How to gift the candied mixed nuts
Do you need a quick holiday gift for a friend, then this is the recipe for you? Package the nuts in a jar with a cover, add ribbon and add a label. Your gift is ready, and you are certain they will enjoy the gift.
I hope you give this recipe a try and if you want more of these recipes, you can subscribe to my email list. You can follow me on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, and Instagram.
If you have any questions about this recipe, I will love to hear about them in the comment section below. Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a review and rating below. Tag me @ #theduchezkitchen- on Instagram and Facebook? Find me @theduchezkitchen.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you, and stay blessed!
Happy cooking and baking!!
Pumpkin Spice Candied Mixed Nuts
- 2 tablespoons honey (60g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (11g)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cups pecan halves (62.5g)
- ½ cup walnuts (62.5g)
- ½ cup cashew nuts (62.5g)
- ½ cup almonds (62.5g)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and set an oven rack in the middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone mat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil, salt, pumpkin spice, and vanilla extract.
- Add all the nuts to the honey mixture and stir until the nuts are evenly coated.
- Transfer the pecans to the prepared baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Scrape out every bit of glaze from the bowl and drizzle over the nuts. Bake for 12- 15 minutes, until the nuts are caramelized. The nuts around the edges will darken first so you can turn the baking sheet around halfway through the baking time.
- Once baked, bring it out of the oven and allow the nut to cool completely. Remove the pecans from the parchment or silicone mat, breaking apart any clusters if necessary, and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.