These Almond cream cheese cookies are soft, buttery, and bursting with almonds flavor, cream cheese, and sprinkled with roughly chopped toasted almonds.
These almond cookies are the best melt-away cookies recipe to try. The secret ingredient in this recipe is cream cheese, this makes it soft and chewy at the same time.
Cream Cheese Butter Cookies
These cream cheese and almond cookies recipe is fun and everyone’s favorite recipe during the holidays. They are soft and buttery and not overly sweet. They are not only almond flavored cookies but also include toasted almonds. These are easy recipes to make with the whole family. These are perfect for any special occasion and for gifting to others.
Ingredients Needed For the cream cheese cookies
- Flour: all-purpose flour or unbleached all-purpose flour will work.
- Baking Powder: this was used as the leavening agent to create a nice light texture.
- Cream Cheese: add creamily and provide a soft texture for the cookies.
- Butter: unsalted butter at room temperature was used.
- Flavoring: vanilla extracts and almond extracts were used to give the cookies their unique flavor.
- Sugar: white granulated sugar was used. You can use brown sugar for a richer color.
- Egg: one large egg was used as a binder for the cookie’s dough
How to make Cream cheese Sugar Cookies
Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
Beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer until fluffy and creamy.
Add in the egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy.
Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing in between.
Cover and chill the cream cheese and almond extract cookies dough.
Roll the dough into ¼ inch thick and sprinkle chopped toasted almond onto the dough. Gently roll the cookies for the almonds to stick onto the dough and cut into shapes.
Bake for about 9 to 12 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
TIPS for the Best Cream Cheese COOKIE Recipe
Do not over mix the cookie dough or your cookies will not hold their shape when baked.
Use ¼ inch rolling sticks on side of the cookie dough and then roll out dough to an even thickness.
Always place parchment paper on top of the dough before rolling to prevent the dough from sticking onto the rolling pin. It also reduces the use of extra flour when rolling.
Chill cookie dough in a small flat disc for easy rolling or roll the dough in between parchment paper before chilling them. This cookie dough recipe is soft when made fresh, so it does need chilling to make it easy for handling.
Roll out the cookie dough directing on parchment paper for easy transfer to baking sheet.
Bake cookies that are of the size and shape for even baking.
Watch how to Make Cream Cheese Cookies
How to Store the Almond Cookies
Baked cookies can be stored in an airtight container for 3 weeks. If the cookies begin to dry out, add a piece of bread to the container to help retain moisture. Freeze baked cookies in an airtight container or freezer bag for about 3 months. Thaw unwrapped cookies at room temperature to prevent condensation and use it as desired.
How to Freeze Cookies with Cream Cheese Dough
Cream cheese cookie dough can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. For longer storage, keep them in the freezer. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic wrap and put them into a Ziplock or freezer bag. Label with date, content, and store them in the freezer for up to 3 months. Allow the cookie dough to defrost in the fridge overnight before using.
If you have any questions about this cream cheese almond cookies recipe, I will love to hear about them in the comment section below. Did you make this recipe? Let me know by leaving a review and rating below. Tag me @ #theduchezkitchen- on Instagram and Facebook? Find me @theduchezkitchen.
Thanks for reading. As always, know that God loves you, and stay blessed!
Happy baking and decorating!!
Almond cream cheese Cookies
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 8 ounce cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups white granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 31/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup toasted almond (chopped)
- In a large bowl, which the flour and salt together. Set aside
- In a different large bowl using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, cream cheese, and sugar together on a medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. that will take about 1 – 2 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, and almond extract and beat on medium speed just until combined.
- With the mixer running at low speed, add the flour mixture and mix until incorporated. Divide the dough into two balls and flatten each ball into a round flat disc with your palm. Wrap each dough in plastic wrap and chill for about 2 hours.
- Once the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 350 °F (180 C) and position the rack in the center of the oven. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unwrap the dough, place it on parchment paper, then use the rolling pin to roll out the dough to an even thickness (1/4 inch). Sprinkle some of the chopped toasted almond onto the dough and roll for the nut to stick to the dough.
- Use a medium cookie cutter to cut out desired shapes. Repeat with the second dough and place the cookies 2 inches apart on the prepared pan. Place the pan into the freezer to firm up the cut-out cookies for about 10- 20 minutes before baking. Gather the remaining dough and repeat.
- Bake the cookies for 11-13 minutes, or until the cookies have a very light brown color at the edges. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely